Were You in a Car Crash in St. Petersburg, FL, That Was Not Your Fault? Are you looking for someone to represent you for your settlement? You are surely struggling with the stress that comes after an accident already, so why stress about finding an auto accident attorney? Here are a few tips to help you hire an auto accident attorney.
- Do they charge for consultations? Most accident attorneys do not charge a fee to give you a consultation. You will be able to schedule meetings with multiple attorney so that you can find the one that best suits you. You want to make sure that they are exactly what you are looking for as you will be communicating with them during the timeframe of your case.
- Do they charge if you don’t win? Many accident attorneys do not charge unless the case is won. The point of their business is to win your case. They rely heavily on winning, because most attorneys take a percentage of your settlement as payment.
- What is their fee? How much will they take if you win your settlement? Most attorneys have a set percentage of your settlement that they will take as payment for their services. Make sure that you have a contract that states this specific percentage, it’s always good to have things in writing.
- Are you providing all the information? Make sure that your attorney has all the information about the crash. Bring your medical bills, insurance policy, pictures of the wreck, police reports, contact information of the other driver, and everything that is included in your case. This will help your attorney to build your case faster and it will help to build a better case if they know everything.
- Expect this to take some time. Depending on your case, it may take a long time to get your settlement. Every case is different and can take different amounts of time to settle. Any court case is a lengthy process, so expect to be in communication with your attorney for months, maybe even years.
- Help your attorney. Make sure that you are making all appointments set with your attorney and return any of their calls or emails in a timely manner. This will help your case to get done in a timely manner. If you are not communicating with your attorney, they will have a harder time getting you your settlement.
Ready to Hire an Auto Accident Attorney?
If you’ve been in an accident in the St. Petersburg Florida area, give Ludin Law a call today! They will provide the high caliber legal representation that you need and deserve.